By Audie McCarthy
In training organizations like Mohawk College Enterprise, we talk a lot about leadership. But what exactly is it? What makes someone a leader?
Opinions vary on exactly what leadership is, but people know effective leadership when they see it. Great leaders share certain traits that anyone can adopt to become more effective.
These include honesty and integrity. In fact, research shows that the top thing employees want from their leaders is integrity. Be fair and treat everyone the way you would want to be treated. Excellent communication skills are also essential to keep operations running smoothly and ensuring everyone knows the organization’s challenges, initiatives and objectives. Being approachable and supportive are also important traits that help employees feel comfortable enough to take risks and set new goals.
5 steps to being a great leader
- Believe strongly in your vision and inspire your employees to do what it takes to get there. Move mountains for your people. Clear away organizational roadblocks that constrain employees’ initiative.
- Be decisive and make tough calls when needed.
- Take the time to recognize and reward employees. Also provide regular feedback and when delivering criticism, include open discussion and help employees set goals.
- Ensure everyone in the organization is provided with up-to-date information about the organization’s goals, performance, successes and failures. Provide channels for two-way communication between management and employees.
- Create an environment where it is safe to take risks and to speak up. This will help employees to succeed and help your whole organization reach your vision.
Mohawk College Enterprise is a business-to-business corporation established by Mohawk College to prepare people and companies with the skills and expertise required to succeed in today’s fast-paced world. Through our expert trainers, we provide training and customized solutions with the latest techniques and technology. Audie McCarthy is president and CEO of MCE. For information, please contact Audie at 905-667-6235 or email@example.com