Your Friendly Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce – serving East Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Upper Stoney Creek, Binbrook, Elfrida, and Winona
Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce Vision Statement
To be the driving force behind business; building a vibrant and prosperous community through leadership.
Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce Mission Statement
Strengthening and connecting our local business community through Networking, Marketing and Advocacy.
History of the Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce
The Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce first formed in 1949 and began as a group of businesses, professionals, and other interested people who organized to work together to improve business and build a better community. In 1960, the chamber enlarged to include the Township of Saltfleet and changed its name to the Stoney Creek and Saltfleet Chamber of Commerce. After, the township of Stoney Creek changed to become Stoney Creek and the Chamber reverted back to its original name Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber was involved in and started many community events including the Santa Claus Parade and Community Chest in 1952. The Chamber also spearheaded some major changes to the area including campaigning the federal government to get postal delivery and the municipal government to get sidewalks installed.
Along with the cooperation of the Hydro, the chamber was the brainchild for the Christmas lights which represented the Stoney Creek Monument along King Street. The parking lot of Mountain Avenue, which is still used by visitors and shoppers, was spearheaded by the Chamber and made possible through efforts with the Town Council. Throughout the early years the Chamber took a great part in the Battle of Stoney Creek by sewing costumes to putting together a brochure telling the history of the battle. The Chamber also contributed to managing the park until it was taken over by Niagara Parks Commission in 1963 and is now run by the City of Hamilton.
The Chamber presented its first Citizen of the Year Award to Norman Curry in 1967. This award continues to be distributed at the annual Community Achievement Awards GALA, which expanded over the years to include business awards and it is attended by many citizens of the community
Today’s Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce
The Chamber is currently the largest business community in Stoney Creek which encompasses East Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Upper Stoney Creek, Binbrook, Elfrida, and Winona. It continues to be dedicated to promoting and supporting members with new business opportunities. In addition, the chamber is very economical and offers a unique experience in that it is a full service Chamber, is membership driven, and offers varied programs to appeal to different business segments.
Why It Pays to Belong
Through a series of diverse networking opportunities, innovative programming and over 20 sponsored events annually, we help businesses build stronger partnerships and connections to our local professional market.
As a member, you will have access to:
- Cost Saving Affinity Programs such as group benefit packages (which include life insurance for employers & employees, major medical & dental plan and long term disability plans)
- Improved visibility in the community to generate new business leads
- Inspirational speakers
- Inexpensive marketing, advertising and sponsorship opportunities
- Key business exposure in Business Directory and Website Directory
- Access to local elected officials; advocacy on behalf of members
- Opportunity to participate on Chamber committees
- Member to Member discounts
- Business Roundtables
- Educational Opportunities such as Breakfast Series and Lunch & Learns
- Business After5 networking at Chamber members
- Promotion on the Chamber’s social media channels
- Valuable resources, connections and knowledgeable business skilled staff and board members
- Chambers valuable alliances with other Chamber groups, Board of Trade, Ontario Chamber, Canadian Chamber and Chamber Execs
- Annual Community Achievement Award Gala, Stoney Creek’s Premier event
- Annual Golf Tournament
Membership Fee Structure (Note: Your Membership is Tax Deductible!!!)
|Number of Employees||Annual Dues|
|1 to 10||$215|
|11 to 50||$315|
|* plus HST|
Acceptance of membership constitutes permission of the Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce to promote, advertise and list information pertaining to your business or organization in the Business Directory, website, newsletters and any other Chamber publication.
For more information please contact us at 905-664-4000 or email@example.com