- This event has passed.
Virtual Post Throne Speech with MP Bob Bratina
November 4, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
The impact on Canadian businesses has been crushing due to COVID-19’s spread into Canada. With the recent Throne Speech in Ottawa, the Federal Government outlined a response to the COVID-19 global pandemic and charted a roadmap for economic recovery of the Canadian Economy.
The Throne Speech outlined many themes covering protection of Canadians from Covid-19, supporting people and businesses, and creating a stronger Canada, and highlighted a number of actions to support businesses impacted by COVID-19, including:
- Extending the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy through to 2021,
- Expanding the Canada Emergency Business Account,
- Improving the Business Credit Availability Program,
- Creating the transitional Canada Recovery Benefit for people who would not traditionally qualify for EI,
- Introducing sector supports for hardest hit sectors, including travel and tourism, hospitality, and cultural industries.
The Stoney Creek Chamber is hosting a discussion with Member of Parliament for Hamilton East -Stoney Creek, Bob Bratina, as he shares details from the new federal recovery framework, including the measures announced in support of the business community.
Wednesday November 4th, 2020
NOTE NEW TIME
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
RSVP By: November 2nd; Registration is required: A confirmation email will be sent.
TO ATTEND – REGISTER HERE
|Bob Bratina was born and raised in Hamilton where he has been employed as a steelworker, broadcaster, City Councillor and Mayor.
He is currently the Member of Parliament for Hamilton-East, Stoney Creek and serves as a Member of the Federal Special Committee on the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Your Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce – Continuing to keep you apprised of all vital information for your business –