Virtual Post Throne Speech with MP Bob Bratina
November 4 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
The impact on Canadian businesses has been crushing due to COVID-19’s spread into Canada. With the recent Throne Speech in Ottawa, the Federal Government outlined a response to the COVID-19 global pandemic and charted a roadmap for economic recovery of the Canadian Economy.
The Throne Speech outlined many themes covering protection of Canadians from Covid-19, supporting people and businesses, and creating a stronger Canada, and highlighted a number of actions to support businesses impacted by COVID-19, including:
- Extending the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy through to 2021,
- Expanding the Canada Emergency Business Account,
- Improving the Business Credit Availability Program,
- Creating the transitional Canada Recovery Benefit for people who would not traditionally qualify for EI,
- Introducing sector supports for hardest hit sectors, including travel and tourism, hospitality, and cultural industries.
The Stoney Creek Chamber is hosting a discussion with Member of Parliament for Hamilton East -Stoney Creek, Bob Bratina, as he shares details from the new federal recovery framework, including the measures announced in support of the business community.
Wednesday November 4th, 2020
10:30 am – 11:30 am
RSVP By: November 2nd; Registration is required: A confirmation email will be sent.
TO ATTEND – REGISTER HERE
|Bob Bratina was born and raised in Hamilton where he has been employed as a steelworker, broadcaster, City Councillor and Mayor.
He is currently the Member of Parliament for Hamilton-East, Stoney Creek and serves as a Member of the Federal Special Committee on the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Your Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce – Continuing to keep you apprised of all vital information for your business –