Program Ending Soon
Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
Please follow all the instructions carefully to sign up today.
The goal of the program is to identify asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to curb the spread in the workplace, at home and around the community.
- all businesses in East Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Upper Stoney Creek, Binbrook, Elfrida and Winona with less than 150 employees
- private career colleges (for unvaccinated employees, contractors, volunteers, and students attending campus)
- Elementary and secondary private and public schools (for unvaccinated employees, bus drivers, and regular visitors)
- Childcare centres (for unvaccinated employees and regular visitors). In the case of home-based childcare programs, other unvaccinated adults in residence, or regularly at the residence, also qualify for testing.
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the Chamber office
- Asymptomatic employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent screening increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program at www.chamberstoneycreek.ca/rapidscreen, complete the Participation Agreement, and book a 15 minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor Designate to come to the Stoney Creek Chamber office to pick up a two week supply of screening kits
- Employees administer the test themselves, either at home or at the workplace, using a gentle nasal swab.
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate (meaning they must leave the workplace right away).
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed
The Stoney Creek Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping local business thrive. We are pleased to be able to offer the Rapid Testing program as a service to local businesses. We ask that you respect our appointment requirement and that you be patient and kind to our staff as we try our best to fulfill orders and meet the growing demand for this great program.
PROCESS TO SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM
Step #1: Complete the PASP Participation Agreement (and ensure you assign a company contact who will be your ‘Screening Supervisor Designate.’)
PASP Participation Agreement 6-4-21(PDF)
(You will download, print and sign the agreement and bring it with you ) Please note that should the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ change at any time while taking part in the program a new PASP Participation Agreement will be required and the new ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ must view the training video.
Please note at the initial visit the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ is required to watch a short training video and submit a company signed Waiver of Liability (by an authorized company representative).
Waiver of Liability (PDF)
(You will download, print and sign the Waiver and bring it with you )
Step #2: Book your pickup appointment date and time from the available options. Please do not visit the Chamber office until your booked date and time as space in the Chamber office is limited and staff safety is a priority.
BOOK YOUR PICK UP DATE & TIME
Select your time and then “Continue” and complete the intake form in this step. Indicate on the intake form that this is a “First” time appointment. Note that all fields in the form are required to confirm your appointment.
Step #3: Pick up your screening kits at the Stoney Creek Chamber office at your scheduled appointment date and time (and please note that if this is the first visit, the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ must have a company signed Waiver of Liability (by an authorized company representative). Please note the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ is required to watch the below 3 ½ minute training video prior to taking part in the program.
Please maintain physical distancing while in the Chamber office.
Step #4: Test your employees.
Step #5: Reorder your kits
BOOK YOUR PICK UP DATE & TIME Indicate on the intake form that this is a “Refill” appointment.
For businesses with over 150 employees, please order directly from the Ontario government portal
EXTRA RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOU
Thank you to the Ontario Chamber of Commerce for their help in bringing this Program to local businesses
Thank you to the Province of Ontario and Government of Canada for supporting businesses