Workplace Self-Screening Kits – It’s quick. It’s easy. It’s free.
Keep your employees and our community safe with FREE Covid-19 Rapid Antigen Self Screening kits!
The goal of the program is to identify asymptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the workplace that might otherwise be missed, helping to curb the spread in the workplace, at home and around the community.
FREE for all businesses in East Hamilton, Stoney Creek, Upper Stoney Creek, Binbrook, Elfrida and Winona with less than 150 employees!
- Pick up kits (by appointment only) at the Chamber office
- Asymptomatic employees test themselves twice per week
- Get results in 15 minutes!
- Those who test positive or inconclusive must go for a lab-based PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test
Why do this?
The latest information from Health Canada suggests that up to 1/3 of people carrying the virus are asymptomatic! Over 50% of known cases were transmitted by an asymptomatic carrier. This makes it incredibly important to find asymptomatic carriers in order to combat the spread and get to a more normalized community life.
A Covid-19 rapid screening can be performed anywhere (i.e. at your workplace!) and does not require shipping a specimen to a lab for processing. It takes approximately 15 minutes to see the results. Frequent screening increases the chances of early identification of cases.
How does the Program work?
- Small businesses select a representative from their company to be the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ responsible for the program
- They sign up for this free program at www.chamberstoneycreek.ca/rapidscreen, complete the Participation Agreement, and book a 15 minute appointment for their Screening Supervisor Designate to come to the Stoney Creek Chamber office to receive training and pick up a two week supply of screening kits
- Employees administer the test themselves, with a gentle nasal swab, under the guidance of their Screening Supervisor Designate
- Test results are ready in 15 minutes
- Anyone who tests presumed positive, or inconclusive, is directed to self-isolate (meaning they must leave the workplace right away), and get a PCR (standard) test as soon as possible
- The Screening Supervisor Designate reports the total number of tests completed, number of positive tests, number of negative tests, etc. back to the Stoney Creek Chamber
- Employees are generally tested twice per week
- Reorder your kits on our website as needed
PROCESS TO SIGN UP FOR THE PROGRAM
Step #1: Complete the PASP Participation Agreement (and ensure you assign a company contact who will be your ‘Screening Supervisor Designate.’)
(You will download, print and sign the agreement and bring it with you ) Please note that should the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ change at any time while taking part in the program a new PASP Participation Agreement will be required and the new ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ must view the training video.
Please note at the initial visit the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ is required to watch a short training video and submit a company signed Waiver of Liability (by an authorized company representative).
Waiver of Liability (PDF)
(You will download, print and sign the Waiver and bring it with you )
Step #2: Book your pickup appointment date and time from the available options. Please do not visit the Chamber office until your booked date and time as space in the Chamber office is limited and staff safety is a priority.
BOOK YOUR PICK UP DATE & TIME
Select your time and then “Continue” and complete the intake form in this step. Indicate on the intake form that this is a “First” time appointment. Note that all fields in the form are required to confirm your appointment.
Step #3: Complete the Prescreen Check
(You can do this on your cell phone from our parking lot if you’d like – we need to see your green check mark at our door to ensure you have passed the COVID-19 assessment before entering our premises).
Step #4: Pick up your screening kits at the Stoney Creek Chamber office at your scheduled appointment date and time. Masks and physical distancing are mandatory while in the Chamber office. Please note at the initial visit the ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ is required to watch a 3.5 minute training video and submit a company signed Waiver of Liability (by an authorized company representative).
Step #5: Report your results – In order to participate in the Workplace Self-Screening program, all participants must agree to report ALL data regarding results of the Screening Kits EACH WEEK. The ‘Screening Supervisor Designate’ will be responsible for reporting all results. Results must be submitted through the Report Results button (see below). Results are shared with Health Canada and the Ministry of Health Ontario, as directed.
Step #6: Reorder your kits
BOOK YOUR PICK UP DATE & TIME Indicate on the intake form that this is a “Refill” appointment.
EXTRA RESOURCES TO GUIDE YOU
Thank you to the Ontario Chamber of Commerce for their help in bringing this Program to local businesses
Thank you to the Province of Ontario and Government of Canada for supporting businesses